How Does AC Repair Work?
A car’s air conditioning works like any standard air conditioner, but on a much smaller scale. It’s important to note that a vehicle’s AC doesn’t produce cold air, it removes heat from the air entering its system. The refrigerant in your vehicle alternates between a gaseous and liquid state. When refrigerant in its cool liquid form is exposed to warm air in your vehicle’s condenser, it evaporates into a gas and absorbs or removes heat from the surrounding environment. The heated refrigerant then moves to a separate part of the system, where the gas is compressed into liquid by the compressor. Before the refrigerant can cycle back through the system, any water that may have been created in the process needs to be removed. This is achieved by a component known as a receiver or dryer. Once the water is removed, the refrigerant can start the cycle all over again. If you are in Sacramento, you can bring your car to SDS Automotive today.
How Do I Know If My Vehicle Needs A Heating & AC Repair?
Whether you own a Acura, Audi, BMW, or Cadillac, there are universal indicators that there is a problem with your car’s air conditioning and you will need to come in for an AC evac/recharge service. Here are some signs to watch out for:
- The air isn’t cooling: Most of the time, your air conditioning loses its cooling properties because there is a low level of refrigerant, your condenser is broken, or the compressor has a broken or damaged belt.
- You hear strange noises when your air conditioning is on: Noise usually comes from a dying compressor, but some other common causes can be a cross-contaminated refrigerant or the use of the wrong lubricant.
- It seems moist inside your vehicle: The common cause for moist air inside your car is usually moisture or debris trapped inside your air conditioning system.
- The air from your air conditioning smells: If you haven’t used your air conditioning in a while, bacteria and fungus can settle into the system, creating a foul smell.
- Something is leaking from your air conditioning: Leaking refrigerant is dangerous and this issue should be addressed as soon as possible.
Here are some tips to keep your car cool in hot weather in Sacramento, CA without the air conditioning:
- Use a sunshade or window visor.
- Park in a shady area.
- Purchase a solar-powered fan.
- Keep windows slightly cracked.
- Throw blankets over your seats.
- Use a dash cover.
- Keep your precious possessions away from the sun.
- Cover your steering wheel with a towel.
- Park in a garage when possible.
It is imperative to get your AC repaired, especially in hot Sacramento summers. We at SDS Automotive can help.
Your Local Reliable Auto Repair Shop For AC Repair
We at SDS Automotive in Sacramento have been fixing cars since 1998. Our team of technicians has decades of combined experience and are experts in all things auto repair. Specializing in Smog & Emission Repairs and Transmission Service, we will do a comprehensive inspection of your car to determine if you need additional services, such as scheduled maintenance.
Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
- We have a review score of 100 based on reviews from 156 satisfied customers.
If you are in the 95833 area or nearby, feel free to schedule an appointment with SDS Automotive today! We serve residents of Sacramento, Arden-Arcade, Rio Linda, and beyond. SDS Automotive – Quality you Can Trust, at a Fair Price! Come to us for auto air conditioning or car maintenance. You can give us a call or schedule an appointment with us online.